I was asked what were my favorite of the books I read last year and here they are in no particular order.
1. Hunger Games- Hey, it was the first book I read last year! Also my favorite, hands down. If you haven't read this book you should. I mean it. I'm not going to post the a summery of it because I already have, plus telling the plot to someone often makes them not want to read it. It takes place in a post-apocalyptic, dystopian society where every year kids are forced to take part in a sadistic game show... see, it doesn't sound good. But read it. Just do it.
2. Catching Fire- OK so not as good as Hunger Games, but really what is? It's a good follow up to a great book. Once you've read Hunger Games you have to read Catching Fire.
3. Poison Study, Magic Study, Fire Study. Yep, they're a trilogy. As usual Poison Study, the first is the best, but they are all great. About a girl whom is imprisoned for killing a man and given a choice; she can choose to be hung (hanged?) the next morning, or become the Commander's next food taster, a job not many survive for long. Quick death, or slow? There is some magic and some romance, but not much. They are found in the Romance section even thought romance dose not come in to play til quite late in the first book. Even then it's not much. Curious. Anyway they are very good. I don't know why I lumped them all together and put Catching Fire on it's own. Ah well.
4. City of Bones, City of Ashes, City of Glass. Are we seeing a trend here? Yep I like trilogies. Do not judge these books by there covers. The covers are horrible. I mean really bad. I would not have read them bad. But they got good reviews, so I read them. So good. Very easy. Kinda Twilight meets Harry Potter ish. Love them.
5. A little Bit Wicked Kristin Chenoweth's auto bio. Love her, love seeing how she got to where she is.
I also recommend: The Goose Girl and the followups, Murder on the Orient Express, The Graveyard Book, Twenties Girl, Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day, Rebecca, Dear John and Austenland.
Katie also has a post of her favorites. Surprisingly we have many of the same favs.
xoxo~s
1 comment:
I just finished reading Twenties Girl and loved it! I'll have to give some of your others a try since we had the same taste there. I'm always looking for a good book.
Post a Comment