Pages

Monday, December 28, 2009

12.28.09

Ever feel like you need a good cry? Of course you do, that's why you watch The Notebook. OK well next time read Dear John. It's also by Nicholas Sparks so you know it's going to be sad. Sad and good.
This one is about John (duh). John was a rebellious young man, until he joined the army, then he figured stuff out. One year when he is home on leave he meets Savannah, and they fall in love (duh again, it's Nicholas Sparks), but he must return to Germany, where he is stationed. The story is narrated by John and is also about him finding a way to have a relationship with his socially misfit Dad, his only family, and is so, so sad, and so, so good I read it in a day. So, of course they made a movie. It comes out in February and stars Channing Tatum and the girl from Mamma Mia and Mean Girls. I can't wait! Here's the trailer, but read the book!


The wait at the library was way long so I bought it. You can get it for cheaper at Target then Barnes and Noble, I hate when that happens!
note: these are the Mass market movie tie-in editions

P.S. the song in the trailer is Set The Fire To The Third Bar by Snow Partrol and it rocks!
xoxo-s

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awe shucks, this looks good. I'll have to read the book first, though. Always gotta read the book. Thanks for the teasing trailer :)

The Hodsons said...

I saw the trailor for this at New Moon....It looks pretty good. I'm a sucker for a chick flick though :)