Pages

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Lately...

First off congratulations to Ashley and Tom on the arrival of there adorable new baby! Sadie is absolutely gorgeous and looks just like her parents.

Second. I am having mixed feelings about the start of school again. On the one hand I have three classes which involve drafting, hand and CADD, which I love. It is challenging and rewarding. (I sound like one of those commercials for a drafting program at ITT Tech or something) On the other hand I did not think I was going to survive last semester, which makes me worry about this one. We will just have to see what happens.

Third. The Olympics end this weekend, which makes me sad. Some things I have discovered/rediscovered at these games:

a. I love gymnastics. It’s always been one of my favorite events to watch. This most likely comes from the fact that it is the event closest to dance.

b. Divers are completely crazy. Every time I watch I think they will hit there heads on the board or platform. Then throw in the fact that the high dive is three stories high. Like I said. Crazy.

c. Steeplechase is bazaar. Therefore I like it. Why are they running and jumping over walls in to puddles? I don’t get it. I thought that was why running tracks were invented. Or roads.

d. They show WAY too much volleyball. Beach or indoors. Why must we see every single match? There are other things going on! Like the steeplechase!

1. I we must have the volleyball why not put it on a separate channel, like the basketball?

e. Rowing is fun. They should show more of it. They could show some of that in place of some volleyball.
f. Michael Phelps rocks. I realize this is completely obvious, but I’m stating it any way.

g. Why is on so flipin’ late at night!? They postpone all the “live” coverage and hour here! I need sleep!

1 comment:

The Hodsons said...

Good luck with the upcoming semester!! Luv ya!