
Sundance can be so much fun. Yes, it’s cold, and yes there are huge crowds of tourists everywhere you go, but it is a blast to go up to Park City just soak in the "festival air". This year it was particularly nice to get out of the chewable air down in the valley, even if only for a night. So this year we went up to get pizza on main street and to just wander around. While we were at dinner I saw Apolo Anton Ohno and this guy.
Pretty darn exciting. The latter, Chet, we sat near and met in line for the bathroom. (The bathroom situation on Main Street can be pretty dicey, so it is best to use any one you can find. May not find another one.) Apparently he is under the impression that we should all know who he is and that being on The Real World is akin to winning an Oscar or the Super Bowl. Having said that he was nice enough and talked to us again on our way out, as if we’ll ever see him again. (Evidently he IS local, went to East High, but for some reason I just don’t think we run in the same circles.) The highlight of the evening for me was probably meeting Mevlut Akkaya.
What, you’ve never heard of him? Neither had I. He was at Sundance searching out films to show at another film festival in Japan. He has had his own films at Sundance before though. I’ve even heard about them. He was all kinds of fun. Born in Turkey and raised in, I believe he said Germany, don’t quote me on that. He now lives in New York. My favorite part of the night was when, at the end of dinner we took a picture of ourselves with him (Ann has it, not me) he gave Anna his card so she could email him the picture so he could prove to his friends that he "met locals". I did not realize that was exciting but he thought it was. Good food, fun people and good conversation, all in all a good time.
I have recently become somewhat obsessed with the website Goodreads. Facebook for book nerds. I love reading other peoples reviews of books I want to read, and even more love to read what others have said about things I have read. This helps validate my feelings most of the time. For instance when I read that other people feel that a particular author (ahemGaimanahem) writes like he dose not care for his own characters, or doesn’t care about what they are doing. This is something I have felt for a long time, the plot of his books always appeal to me; star falls from the sky and must go on a journey with likeable everyman, fantastical things occur, they rule the world, ( I LOVE the song at the end of Stardust, sadly it is not available in the US, but here is a link to the video with some lovely shots from the movie.) but the writing dose not convey the emotion of the story. On Goodreads I have found that I am not the only one who feels this. I could spend hours on here researching things to read.
Pretty darn exciting. The latter, Chet, we sat near and met in line for the bathroom. (The bathroom situation on Main Street can be pretty dicey, so it is best to use any one you can find. May not find another one.) Apparently he is under the impression that we should all know who he is and that being on The Real World is akin to winning an Oscar or the Super Bowl. Having said that he was nice enough and talked to us again on our way out, as if we’ll ever see him again. (Evidently he IS local, went to East High, but for some reason I just don’t think we run in the same circles.) The highlight of the evening for me was probably meeting Mevlut Akkaya.
What, you’ve never heard of him? Neither had I. He was at Sundance searching out films to show at another film festival in Japan. He has had his own films at Sundance before though. I’ve even heard about them. He was all kinds of fun. Born in Turkey and raised in, I believe he said Germany, don’t quote me on that. He now lives in New York. My favorite part of the night was when, at the end of dinner we took a picture of ourselves with him (Ann has it, not me) he gave Anna his card so she could email him the picture so he could prove to his friends that he "met locals". I did not realize that was exciting but he thought it was. Good food, fun people and good conversation, all in all a good time.Masterpiece. No longer Masterpiece Theater, just Masterpiece. Curentely we’re on Masterpiece Classics, which last year did a magnificant run of Jane Austen’s works. I loved that. This year they started off with Tess of the d’Urberville’s and then Wuthering Heights. I hate Wuthering Heights. Just really do. I can’t stand the self-involved nature of Cathy and Heathcliff and always find myself wishing for them to continue being as miserable as humanly possible. I also really hated Tess of the d’Urberville’s. WOW, she was dumb. Why do I keep watching? Oh yeah I love the scenery, and the sets, and the costumes. Darn you BBC for making such depressing miniseries’ full of unbearably stupid, annoying, selfish people. This week is Sense and Sensibility, which I own, so I know I like it, things are looking up. Next up though is the series of Charles Dickens’s works, which could go either way. Here is the link to the schedule. Plan accordingly.
While I was typing that last part I accidently typed Annyong which reminded me of how much I love Arrested Development, and how it has been far to long sense my last viewing of it.
I really wish I had the space for this rug. It’s from Ikea so it’s cost effective, but alas I have nowhere to put it. Someday, someday.
Also, Newsflash, it is 5:33pm and not dark yet! It's only twilighty! This is very exciting.
I really wish I had the space for this rug. It’s from Ikea so it’s cost effective, but alas I have nowhere to put it. Someday, someday.
Also, Newsflash, it is 5:33pm and not dark yet! It's only twilighty! This is very exciting.xoxo ~ s
1 comment:
You love Chet! Have you not watched the Soup lately... he is a regular, right up there with Tyra or spaghetti cat. I think he is a Sigma Chi and I know how you love those boys. Also that plate matches my bed spread.. random. Have you seen the rug like that at Ikea it's super cute as well. I miss you! Let's hang out!
Post a Comment