
I voted. That what the sticker represents. although this is not the sticker they gave me and I did not put it on my sweater yesterday as I usually do.(I voted at like 7:00 on my way home from work so the only people who would have been able to see it would be my family, and they already know I voted. It is safely in my bag, I could wear it now, but I won’t.)
I appreciate the fact that they give you a sticker though, it enables people to skip right past asking if you voted and straight on to what they really want to know; who you voted for. Personally I don’t think that is anyone business but your own. If you want to share with the world then go for it, but I really, really , really could not care less (this is a much nicer version of what I really wrote) who you voted for so I’m not going to bug you with who I voted for either. What I do care about is that I did vote. I think that it is our duty to vote, even if neither of the candidates are people who you feel you can support. Vote for the lesser of two evils, or vote for Nader, he will be running for the rest of eternity. Just vote. There are people all over the world who would do anything to be able to have that right. Yeah so the economy is crap and the country is going no where good anytime soon, that’s not going to change if we don’t do anything about it.
Compare us to the rest of the world and we are still doing pretty well. On any given day there is noone trying to shoot me, there are no car bombs going off on my commute, no one is holding my family hostage. Food is readily available and my biggest concern regarding it is what I feel up to cooking. I also have all the potable water I could ever want. (potable is my new favorite word it means drinkable, just sounds smarter:)). So yes things are pretty bad, but they could be worse. Maybe they will continue getting worse, but eventually they will get better. Maybe not now, maybe not even this Presidential term, but eventually they will get better.
In the mean time, we don’t have to listen to election crap for another four, or, more likely three years. And that in and of its self is going to be an improvement.
In the mean time, we don’t have to listen to election crap for another four, or, more likely three years. And that in and of its self is going to be an improvement.
Also, bonus we all can quit our jobs now that Obama is president. He is going to pay for our mortgage and gas. I look forward to being a bum for the next four years. Maybe longer, he could be re-elected. Sweet!
XOXO- S
2 comments:
So that last post was me accidentally posting as Tom... Oops! Anyways... Sarah you know I do enjoy a good political rant. The posting however could have used a little more heckling and a few curse words. :)
Post a Comment