Pages

Friday, April 11, 2008

Teeth Whiteners

Let me tell you a little story. Once apon a time I had braces. Not a very pleasant experience to begin with, there is all the pain, and to top it all off you have some very unattractive pictures from that time where your mouth is a lovely shade of gray and all in all you end up looking like Jaws from James Bond.

But that is not what this story is about. This story is about what happened after the braces came off. See I was left with some lovely half moon shapes on some of my front teeth that are several shades lighter then the rest of my teeth. This in general dose not bother me but the last time I was at the dentist I happened to mention it and he told me that the solution was to use over the counter teeth whiteners. That, or gouge out the discolored portion and fill it in whit enamel the same color as my teeth currently are. The later dose not sound like a very fun process to me, not to mention what happens if in a few years I decide that I would like to have whiter teeth? Then I would be back at square one, but with browner crescents instead of whiter ones. Needless to say I chose the first option which sounds much less painful, and If you know me well you know I have a fairly low tolerance for pain. So, now knowing the story in its entirety, imagine my dismay, now that I am using the over the counter products to find that they cause acute pain deep with in the teeth, not unlike if you were to constantly be biting down on something frozen. And yes, I realize that I still have my bad habit of chewing ice. Apparently my teeth are getting whiter. So I guess I will preserver. But it hurts. A lot. And that is my story.

3 comments:

Cherice and Corey said...

I remember when I tried those whiteners. I also had tons of pain, and me and tooth aches do not go well together. I didn't end up finishing mine, and so I am wishing you the best in your painful endeavor!

Ashley said...

No pain no gain Sarah! :)

Ashley said...

Also... I know it hurts, but the truth is Diet Coke will impede any progress you may make with the whitening. I know you and I don't think that quiting Diet Coke is in the foreseeable future for you.